Enquire now

080690 25000

Student Dependent Visa


You may be eligible to get an open work permit as the spouse or common-law partner of a student

The Student Visa

  • Canada offers various provisions for the dependents of international students to even accompany and stay with them during their period of studies through the Spouse Open Work Permit option. Usually when an international student receives a study permit to pursue education in Canada, they become eligible to include their dependent family members in their application as well. The dependents of students typically include their spouse or common law partner and their dependent children. Usually, to be eligible for a Study Permit Dependent visa, the following conditions are generally required to be fulfilled:

    • The primary applicant, or the sponsor visa holder who is the international student, must have a valid study permit or prove their eligibility to apply for them to study at a designated and recognized learning institution in Canada.
    • The dependent family members like spouse, common law partner, or dependent children must be able to prove their relationship to the principal applicant or the sponsor visa holder.
    • The principal or the primary applicant must demonstrate that they have sufficient financial resources to support their dependents upon their arrival and during their stay in Canada.
    • The medical Examinations and Security Checks are a vital step in the application process. The dependent family members are required to undergo certain prescribed medical examinations and security checks as part of the visa application process to Canada.

    Once the study permit application of the principal or primary applicant is approved, the Study Permit Dependent visas will also can be applied to the primary applicant's eligible dependent family members. This visa thus basically allows the dependents to accompany an international student to Canada and stay with them throughout the duration of their studies. However It is important to keep in mind that the immigration policies and procedures are subject to change over time, and it is always the best idea to refer to the official website of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) or consult with Godspeed.

Contact Us Now


080690 25000